Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hunter Creek



I hadn't been up into the Hunter Creek Valley in some time what with a move, kitchen remodel and not to mention a couple of surgeries, so I won't, so today was the day to get reacquainted with one of my favorite places.
Yes, it's the Fourth of July weekend and we expected hordes of people, but in actuality, it wasn't too bad. I know a few of the trails that are used less often and have a bit more shade, so we stuck mostly to those.
The wildflowers are now coming to a peak in the valley floors, waiting probably several more weeks to show off their colors in the high country. Right now it's shasta daisies, lupine, penstemon, mountain bluebells, yellow asters, purple asters and more.
For such a simple walk/hike, it does more to recharge me than anything else I can think of. Yes, yes, I know, I have said this many time before and I'll probably prattle on about it many more times. But, a simple walk up a mountain trail into this beautiful valley either alone or with friends is remarkable.

1 comment: